A new recipe that I learnt from my hubby's niece. I found this interesting since it is made in a different way without adding curd as we do usually. It tasted very yummy as the side dish to thogaiyal rice and Poricha Kuzhambu rice. A very simple yet delicious side dish...
- Pre time: 10 mins
- Cooking time: 10 to 15 mins
- Serves: 3
Ingredients for making Vendakka Pachadi)
- Washed, wiped and thinly chopped Lady's Finder 12 to 15
- Tamarind juice 2 cups extracted from a size of half gooseberry size
- Mustard seeds, urad dal and fenugreek for sauteing 1/2 tea spoon each
- Jagerry a small piece
- Coconut 3 tb spoons
- Mustard seeds 1/4 tea spoon
- Green chillies 3
- Raw rice 1/2 tea spoon
Grind them to paste with water and keep aside.
How to make Vendakka Pachadi?
- Heat a pan with 2 tb spoons of oil.
- Add the lady'sfinger pieces to it and fry well till they become brown in colour.
- Now add the tamarind juice and salt to it.
- Let them boil till the raw smell of tamarind goes.
- Add the jagerry piece.
- Now add the ground paste to it and mix well.
- Allow it to boil for 5 more minutes in medium flame till the gravy thickens.
- Do the seasoning with sauteing items and curry leaves and serve.