Soups are hearty comfort food , warming the soul and packed with flavours. Hot and Sour soup is a versatile starter or snack to have before a large meal and its different taste and flavour will make you to love it. Make this tickling hot and sour soup , a perfect soup and enjoy the taste..
- Pre time: 10 mins
- Cooking time: 15 mins
- Serves: 6
Ingredients for making Hot and Sour Soup:
- Thinly chopped onions 1 cup
- Very finely chopped garlic, carrots,beans and cabbage 1 tea spoon each
- Vegetable stock 500 ml
- Soya Sauce 4 tea spoons
- Green Chilli Sauce 2 tea spoons
- Tomato Sauce 1 tea spoon
- Finely chopped Spring onions 1 tb spoon
- White Vinegar 1 tea spoon
- Sugar 1 tea spoon
- Salt to taste
- White pepper powder
- Corn flour 2 tb spoons
- Butter and Oil 1 tb spoon each
How to make Hot and Sour Soup?
Heat a pan with butter and oil.
Fry the onions in high flame till they become dark golden brown.
Add the chopped garlic, carrots, beans and cabbage and stir well.
Now add the soya sauce, chilli sauce and tomato sauce and stir for few minutes.
Pour the veg stock in to it adding required salt and a tea spoon of sugar.
Let them boil for 3 to 4 minutes. Add the white pepper powder too.
Meanwhile mix the corn flour with 100 ml of water and dilute it without any lumps.
Pour it into the boiling stuff and stir well.
Switch off the stove. Add the vinegar and stir well. Garnish with spring onions and serve hot.
- Take a bowl of chopped vegetables that you have stock in hand and add surplus water to it.
- Boil them at least for 45 minutes to 1 hour or pressure cook them to 6 or 7 whistles and simmer it and cook for 15 minutes.
- Once the steam is released strain out the water and use it.
- The flavour of the vegetables like celery leaves, potatoes etc add real flavour to the soup you make.
- This can be made in advance when you are free and stored in refrigerator.