- Pre time: 10 mins
- Cooking times: 20 mins
- Serves: 4
Ingredients for making Iru Puli Kuzhambu:
- Grated coconut from one shell of a coconut (approximately 5 table spoons)
- Fenugreek ½ tea spoon
- Raw rice or Urad dal 1 tea spoon
- Red chillies 6
- Tamrind a gooseberry size
- Curd 200 ml blended well with half cup water without any lumps
- Ash gourd and drumstick pieces 1 cup or few shallots
Method for making Iru Puli Kuzhambu:In a pan heat 2 teaspoons of oil and roast red chillies, Urad dal and fenugreek to golden brown colour.
After they become cool add coconut grind them to fine paste with water.
Then mix the paste with the curd well and keep it aside.
Then boil the vegetables in the tamarind water with required salt.
When the vegetable is cooked add the curd mix .
After adding the curd the kuzhambu should not be boiled much.
Let them to boil till the bubbles form from all the sides and the stuff gets foamed up.
Switch off the stove.
Sauté it with mustard,red chillies and curry leaves in coconut oil.