Basically this Puli Dosa is a Karnataka recipe and the batter made for this dosa is also used to make different types vegetable dosa, by dipping the sliced veggies in to the batter. This Puli dosa not only contains tamarind but also chillies for hotness, jagerry for mild sweetness and some mild spices to tickle the taste buds...
- Pre time: 20 mins
- Cooking time: 20 mins
- Serves: 4
Ingredients for making Puli Dosa / Tangy Tamarind Dosa:
- Par boiled rice / Idli rice / Puzhungal arise 2 cups
- Tamarind a small lemon size
- jagerry 2 table spoons
- Salt to taste
- Asafoetida powder 1/2 tea spoon
- Dhania / Coriander seeds 1 tb spoon
- Urad dal 2 tea spoons
- Chana dal 2 tea spoons
- Cumin seeds 1/4 tea spoon
- Red chillies 5 or 6
Heat a pan with 2 tea spoons of oil and fry to golden brown all the items together and keep aside.
How to make Puli Dosa / Tangy Tamarind Dosa?
- Wash the rice and soak in water for three hours.
- After three hours add the tamarind,jagerry and roasted items to the rice and grind to smooth batter in a wet grinder or mixer.
- Add required salt and asafoetida powder.
- Mix well and set aside for two hours.
- Let the batter be slightly watery than our regular dosa batter.
- Let it be in a thick milkshake consistency.
- Heat a dosa tawa and grease it with oil.
- Make thin dosas as we make regular dosas and cook on both sides smearing few drops of oil.
- Serve hot with coconut chutney.