Wheat bread and Multi grain bread always find place in my kitchen and give hand on busy mornings to make simple, healthy and quick break fast. I make different bread recipes but always with wheat and multi grain breads. When you have small portion of different vegetables leftover in the refrigerator make this healthy breakfast to get a break from regular toasting or sandwich...
- Pre time: 05 mins
- Cooking time: 05 to 10 mins
- Serves: 3
Ingredients for making Vegetable Bread Upma:
- Bread slices 10
- Finely chopped or grated vegetables whatever you have like onion, tomato, cabbage, carrot, capsicum, beetroot, beans etc
- Finely chopped green chillies and ginger 1 tea spoon each
- Boiled sprouts if anything available
- Lemon juice 2 tea spoons
- Salt to taste
- Oil 4 tea spoons
- Mustard seeds and urad dal for seasoning
- Coriander and Curry leaves for garnishing
How to make Vegetable Bread Upma?
Make rough pieces of bread and give out a turn in mixie and powder them.
Heat a pan with oil.
Do the sauteing with mustard seeds and urad dal.
Once they splutter fry the green chillies and ginger well.
Now fry the onions too.
Add all the grated or chopped vegetables and sprouts with salt and fry in medium flame for 2 minutes.
(If the bread is salt bread, add the salt that is required for the vegetable alone)
Now add the powdered bread crumbs and stir to mix the veggies with bread.
Let them get mixed well in low flame for 2 minutes.