- Pre time: 05 mins
- Cooking time: 20 mins
- Serves; 4
Ingredients for making Chill Aval / Poha Delight:
- Aval / Poha 3 table spoons
- Milk 600 ml ( 3 cups)
- Mixed fruit essence or Vanilla essence 3 drops
- Brown sugar or Normal Sugar 2 cups
- Roasted nuts
- Finely chopped apple or pine apple 2 tb spoons
- Ghee 2 tea spoons
- Saffron strings few soaked in 2 tb spoons of warm milk
How to make Chill Aval / Poha Delight?
- Wash the poha well and place it in a colander to remove the excess water.
- Heat a heavy bottomed pan with ghee and roast the nuts and take them out.
- In the same pan now roast the poha for a minute in medium flame and add 2 cups of milk in to it.
- Let the poha get cooked well for atleast 15 minutes in low flame.
- Add sugar and stir well.
- After 5 minutes pour the 1 cup of milk in to it and switch off the stove.
- Add the saffron and roasted nuts.
- Add the essence and refrigerate.
- Before serving add chopped fruits, mix well and serve.
When do we need to add apple/Pineapple? What nuts we can add?ReplyDelete