- Pre time: 15 mins
- Cooking time: 25 mins
- Serves: 4
Ingredients for making Restaurant Style Kadai paneer:
- Paneer cut into medium sized cubes - 200 gms
- Onions 5
- Ripened red tomatoes 4
- Capsicum 1
- Cashews 6 to 8
- Green chilllies 2
- Cloves and cinnamon crushed in to coarse powder 1 tea spoon
- Garlic 8 heads
- Ginger apiece of 2 inches length
- Kashmiri chilli powder 2 tea spoons
- Coriander seed powder 2 tea spoons
- Cumin seed powder 1/2 tea spoon
- Cumin seeds 1 tea spoon
- Garam masala powder 1 tea spoon
- Kasuri methi 1 tab spoon
- Salt to taste
- Oil and Butter 3 table spoons each
Method for making Restaurant Style Kadai paneer:Step 1:
Cut 1 onion and the capsicum into and keep aside.
In a wok add 1 tb spoon of butter and fry remaining onions, garlic, ginger, tomatoes and cashews till the tomatoes become mushy and grind them to fine paste after they get cooled.
Mix all other given powders in a cup and keep aside.
- Heat a wok with the remaining oil and butter.
- Saute it with the cumin seeds.
- Fry the onion, green chilli and capsicum till they turn slightly brown.
- Add the clove cinnamon powder and all other powders and a tea spoon of sugar and fry well.
- Now add the paste and stir well for 2 minutes.
- Add required salt.Let them all cook well with the spices till the oil separates.
- Finally add the paneer pieces and mix gently.
- Sprinkle the Kasuri methi too.
- If the gravy is very thick add required water and boil for few minutes.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.