An absolute delicious and lip smacking recipe of Puliyodharai powder without any compromise from its original taste and flavour. Helps in hand on busy days for lunch box too...
- Pre time: 05 mins
- Cooking time: 10 to 15 mins
- Yields 300 gms of powder
Ingredients for making Instant Puliyodharai Mix:
- Tamarind 250 gms
- Red chillies 20 to 25
- Coriander seeds 3 tb spoons
- Urad dal 2 tb spoons
- Chana dal / kadala paruppu 2 tb spoons
- Sesame seeds 1 tb spoon
- Black pepper corn 1 tea spoon
- Fenugreek seeds 1 tea spoon
- Sesame (Gingelly oil) 3 tea spoons
- Jagerry goose berry size
- Salt to taste
How to make the Instant Puliyodharai Mix?
- Heat a pan and dry roast the separately coriander seeds, urad dal, chana dal, fenugreek and pepper corns till the dals become golden brown and the pepper corns splutter. Do the roasting patiently without burning the stuff in medium flame.
- Then fry the sesame seeds also in the pan till they splutter well. Fry the red chillies for a minute. Dry roast the required salt also to remove the moist if any and it helps the mix to last longer.
- Put all the roasted ingredients in a broad bowl together to get cold.
- Mean while remove the seeds from the tamarind if any and pinch them to small pieces.
- Heat the pan with the oil and fry the tamarind in medium flame for 5 minutes.
- Allow it to cool.
- Now powder all the roasted ingredients together except the tamarind to very coarse powder and transfer to a bowl.
- Then powder the tamarind by giving a turn or two .
- Add the powdered mixture with the tamarind and the jaggery. Powder them them together tot he texture as shown in the picture.
- Store in the air tight box.
How to make the Perfect Puliyodharai with the Instant Mix?
In a broad pan or bowl take boiled rice (required for 3 persons) and allow it to cool. Put 3 tb spoons of the mix on it. Don't mix it now.
Heat a sauteing pan with 2 tb spoons of sesame oil.
Add mustard seeds, urad dal and chana dal 1 tea spoon each.
When they start turning brown add some peanuts, 1/2 tea spoon hing powder, 1/4 tea spoon turmeric powder and curry leaves.
Give a stir and pour it on the bowl that contains the rice and powder. Now stir gently with a ladle. The spicy, tangy and aromatic rice is ready now....
Keep all the sautéing items needed ready in front of you and heat the sautéing pan.
puliyodharai is my favorite dish I use to eat in perumal koil. thanks for instant powderReplyDelete
This comment has been removed by the author.ReplyDelete
Sora Solutions offer solutions for monitoring and trying to solve IT issues in information technology and data centers. From an IT perspective, Sora Solutions will work with customers to determine the best ways to improve their Data Center Asset Management. Watch your data center at all times in real-time and make informed decisions in event of issues. Real-time monitoring and alarms that can detect violations of policies and power usage together with scheduled reporting and an elaborate reporting library give clients peace of mind knowing that their data is secure. Call today! +41432338888ReplyDelete