- Pre time: 15 mins and soaking time
- Cooking time: 15 mins
- Serves: 4
Ingredients for making Beetroot Karamani Curry (Spicy Beet fry with Cowpea)
- Beetroot 1/2 kg
- Cow peas/Karamani/Lobia: 100gms (Overnight soaked)
- Green chillies finely chopped from 4 green chillies
- Saunf (Fennel seeds) 1/2 tea spoon
- Mustard seeds 1/2 tea spoon
- Urad dal and chana dal 1 tea spoon each
- Oil 2 tea spoon
- Grind the following to coarse dry mix without adding water:
- Coconut 2 tb spoons
- Cumin seeds 1/2 tea spoon
- Shallots (Baby onions) 4
- Ginger a small piece of 1/2 inch
How to make Beetroot Karamani Curry (Spicy Beet fry with Cowpea)?
- Pressure cook or boil to soft the chopped beetroot and cow pea with required salt and keep aside.
- Heat a pan with oil. Add mustard seeds, urad dal, chana dal, green chillies and fennel seeds and fry till they become brown.
- Add the boiled beet root and cowpeas.
- Keep them frying till the water dries out if any.
- Now add the coconut mix and stir well.
- Check out for salt and hotness.
- If you feel the hotness of green chillies are not enough add some red chilli powder and mix well.
- Garnish with curry leaves.
some of the dishes are really outstanding.ReplyDelete