Green Peas Biryani is a simple and easy method of cooking lunch in one shot during busy days. An ideal lunch box recipe and just some crisps or potato fry makes it a more comfortable food for kids..
- Pre time: 05 mins
- Cooking time: 20 mins
- Serves: 4
Ingredients for making Peas Biryani / MatarBiryani:
- Basmati rice 2 cups
- green peas 1 cup
- Sliced onions 1/2 cup
- Slitted green chillies 2
- Salt to taste
- Cloves and Cinnamon sticks few
- Oil and ghee 2 tb spoons each
- Tomato 2
- Mint and Corinader leaves 1/2 cup
- Onion 1
- Garlic pods 6
- Ginger an inch size peice peeled
- Red chilli powder 1/2 tea spoon
- Turmeric powder 1/4 tea spoon
- Coriander seed powder 2 tea spoons.
How to make Peas Biryani / MatarBiryani?
- Wash the rice twice, drain the water and keep the rice aside.
- Heat a cooker pan with oil and ghee.
- Fry the onions till become brown.
- Put the clove and cinnamon sticks crushed and fry for a while.
- Add the green peas and stir well.
- Now add the paste, required salt and fry till the oil separates.
- Transform the soaked Basmati rice to the pan and mix gently.
- Pour 3 cups of water to the pan.
- Close it with the lid.
- Wait till the steam comes out forcefully.
- Put the weight and keep the flame to minimum.
- After 15 minutes switch off the stove.
- Give 5 minutes resting time.
- Now open the lid, mix gently and serve hot.