- Pre time: 10 mins
- Cooking time: 05 mins
- Serves: 4
Step by Step Video to prepare Coconut Chutney with Shallots:
CLICK HERE to view 50+ Chutney Varieties from Bhojana Recipes
Ingredients for making Coconut Chutney with Shallots:
- Coconut (fresh) 4 tb spoons
- Baby onions/ Ulli / Shallots 10
- red chillies 5 or 6
- Tamarind a pebble size
- Asafoetida powder / Hing 1/4 tea spoon
- Salt to taste
- Oil 2 tb spoons
- Mustard, Urad dal and curry leaves for seasoning
How to make Coconut Chutney with Shallots?
- Heat a pan with oil and fry onions for a minute.
- Gradually add red chillies, tamarind and hing powder and stir well.
- Switch off the stove.
- Add coconut to the roasted stuff with required salt.
- Blend to smooth paste adding some water.
- Do the seasoning.
- Now the tasty Coconut chutney with shallots is ready to serve with idli, dosa or aapam.
- This coconut chutney with shallots also tastes heavenly when had as the side dish with curd rice.