Lapsi is a popular and traditional Gujarati sweet made with broken wheat, jagerry, ghee and cardamom on all festive occasions. The Festive Season is all set to begin with the Tamil Aadi month starting in few days.
- Pre time: 05 mins
- Cooking time: 15 to 20 mins
- Serves: 4
Ingredients for making Lapsi:
- Broken Wheat 200 gms / 1 cup
- Jagerry powder 1 cup full
- Ghee /Clarified butter 3 table spoons
- Water 3 and 1/2 cups
- Cardamom powder 1/2 tea spoon
- Cashews few
Method of making Lapsi:
- Heat a pan with 2 tea spoons of ghee and roast the cashews to golden brown.
- Take them out and keep aside.
- In the same pan add 1 more table spoon of ghee and roast the broken wheat in medium flame till nice aroma comes.
- Pour 3 cups of water to it, mix well and close the pan with a lid keeping the flame to low.
- Mean while add half cup water to jagerry powder and bring it to boil.
- Once it reaches honey consistency (no need for any string consistency), filter it and keep aside.
- After 10 minutes stir the broken wheat well and once it is well cooked add the jagerry water to it and keep stirring.
- Add the remaining ghee, cardamom powder and switch off the stove when the stuff becomes thick and wholesome.
- Now Lapsi is ready.
- Garnish the Lapsi with roasted cashews.