- Pretime: 30 mins
- Cooking time:20 mins
- Serves: 4
Step by step video for making Baingan Bharta:
Ingredients for making Baingan Bharta:
- Large Brinjal / Eggplant 1
- Finely chopped onions 1 cup
- Finely chopped tomatoes 1 cup
- Garlic pods 5
- Crushed cloves and Cinnamon 1/2 teaspoon
- Cumin seeds 1 tea spoon
- Coriander seed powder 2 tea spoons
- Cumin seed powder 1/2 tea spoon
- Kashmiri chilli powder 1 and 1/2 tea spoons
- Garam masala powder 1/2 tea spoon
- Oil 3 table spoons
- Fresh coriander leaves for garnishing
How to make Baingan Bharta?Wash the egg plant and wipe it to dry.
Grease it with oil on all sides.
Make four slits on the sides of the egg plant and insert the garlic pods in to the slit.
Show all the four sides till the Veggie becomes soft.
Do the seasoning with cumin and once it splutters, add the crushed clove and cinnamon.
Fry the onions till the become lightly brown.
Add all the powders except salt and garam masala one by one and mix well.
Now add the mashed eggplant stuff and stir well.
Mix well and let them to cook well for 3 more minutes in medium flame keeping the pan closed.
Garnish the with coriander leaves and serve with roti or rice and enjoy the classic taste of Baingan Bharta.