A perfect treat for those who love Paneer and the flavour of Methi is this Paneer Methi Masala. The blend of spices coated and simmered with Paneer and Methi add fantastic aroma and flavour to Paneer Methi Masala. Hot Steamed Rice or Any Indian Breads could be served with Paneer Methi Masala makes the Platter impressive..
- Pre time: 10 mins
- Cooking time : 20 mins
- Serves: 5
Ingredients for making Paneer Methi Masala:
- Paneer cubes 200 gms
- Finely chopped onions 2 cups
- Tomato puree from 3 tomatoes
- Fresh and cleaned Methi leaves 1 cup
- Butter and oil 2 tb spoons each
- Cumin seeds 1 tea spn
- Crushed cloves and Cinnamon 1/2 tspn each
- Ginger garlic paste 2 tspns
- Salt to taste
- Coriander seed powder 1 tspn
- Cumin seed powder 1/2 tspn
- Red chilli powder 2 tspns
- Garam Masala Powder 1/4 tspn
For Gravy Paste:
- Cashews 10
- Khus Khus / Khasa Khasa 2 tb spoons
Soak the above items in warm water for 30 minutes and grind to paste and keep aside.
Method of making Paneer Methi Masala:
Heat a pan with butter and oil.
Put cumin in it, once crackles fry the onions for 3 minutes.
Add the crushed clove and cinnamon and stir well.
Fry the ginger garlic paste along with onions for a minute.
Pour in the tomato pulp in to it and stir for a while.
After 5 minutes add the powders mentioned above except garam masala powder in to it and mix.
Now add the methi leaves and fry for some time.When the leaves are sauted well add required salt and the paneer pieces and stir.
Once the spices are well blended with methi leaves and paneer cubes, pour in the gravy paste with some water.
Add 1/4 tspn of Garam masala powder. Let them boil in medium flame till becomes thick gravy.