Poha Kichadi / Aval Pongal is one of the easiest, simplest and healthy breakfast that could be made very quickly. Since it is made of Poha / Aval this Poha Kichadi is very easily digestible and suitable for all age groups...
- Pre time: 02 mins
- Cooking time: 15 mins
- Serves: 3
Ingredients for making Poha Kichadi:
- Poha / Aval 2 cups
- Moongh dal 3 tb spoons
- Ghee 2 tb spoons
- Crushed Pepper corns 2 tea spoons
- Cumin seeds 1 tea spoon
- Hing / Asafoetida 1/4 tea spoon
- Turmeric powder 1/4 tea spoon
- Salt to taste
- Cashews 10
How to make Poha Kichadi / Aval Pongal?
- Heat ghee in a pan and fry cashews, curry leaves, crushed pepper corns, cumin, hing and take them out, keep aside.
- Roast the moongh dal in the same pan till nice aroma comes.
- Pour 500 ml of water.
- Add turmeric powder,
- Wait till the dal becomes soft.
- Now wash the poha, drain the water and put in to the pan with required salt and mix well.
- Let it get boiled till reach porridge consistency.
- Close the pan with a lid and cook for 5 minutes in medium flame.
- Add the fried stuff to the boiled Poha Kichadi and mix well.
- Now the yummy Poha Kichadi / Aval Pongal is ready to Serve hot with any pickle.