Asoka Halwa is the soft and silky Halwa with Divine taste made of Moongh dal. Asoka halwa one of the signature sweet of Tamilnadu is native to the town Of Tiruvaiyaru and Tanjore. Asoka Halwa is made during Diwali and its also served as dessert in almost all marriages..
- Pre time: 10 mins
- Cooking time: 20 to 30 mins
Ingredients for making Asoka Halwa:
- Moongh dal 1 cup
- Wheat flour 1/2 cup
- Sugar 2 cups
- Ghee 1 cup
- Orang food colour a pinch
- Cashews few
- Green Cardamom Powder 1/2 teaspoon
How to make Asoka Halwa?
- Wash the Moongh dal, add water and pressure to soft and keep aside.
- Let it be in the consistency of thick milk shake consistency.
- Heat a pan with 2 teaspoons ghee and fry cashews to golden brown and take them out.
- In the same pan, fry half cup of wheat flour in medium flame without burning till nice aroma comes and keep it aside.
- In a heavy bottomed pan heat 2 teaspoons of ghee and pour the Moongh dal paste in to it.
- Keep stirring till it becomes thick in consistency.
- Add the roasted wheat flour and mix without any lumps.
- Add 2 cups of sugar and stir well.
- The Asoka Halwa melts and will become loose now.
- Start adding Ghee at regular intervals and keep stirring.
- Add a pinch of orange food colour and cardamom powder.
- Keep adding ghee till Asoka Halwa stuff gets thick and started rolling around with the ladle leaving out from the pan.
- Add the roasted cashews to the Asoka Halwa and switch off.
Delicious dish. Perfect combo for evening snacks.ReplyDelete