Thogayal is the chutney made in Tamilnadu meant to have with rice. Instead of Kuzhambu / gravy we make this thick chutney out of various dals or veggies and mix with hot steaming rice with a dallop of ghee and relish with pappad and any vegetable kootu. Especially we prefer to have this during rainy nights. Paasi paruppu thogayal is a healthy chutney made of roasted moong dal that gives fantastic aroma and taste. We make Paruppu thogayal with thurdal, moong dal or chana dal. Out of the three this moong dal thogayal / chutney is the healthiest and tastiest one...
- Preparation & Cooking time: 10 mins
Ingredients for Paasi Paruppu Thogayal / Moong Dal Chutney:
- Paasi paruppu / Moong dal 100 gms
- Red chillies 2
- Green chillies 2
- Salt to taste
- Asafoetida 1/4 tea spoon
- Fresh Coconut 4 table spoons
- Oil 3 tea spoons
How to make Paasi Paruppu Thogayal / Moong Dal Chutney?
- Heat a pan with oil and roast the dals and chillies till they become golden brown.
- Transfer the roasted stuff to a bowl and soak with water for 30 minutes.
- Drain the water and transfer the stuff, salt, coconut and asafoetida to the blender jar.
- Grind to thick chutney adding required water.
- This does not require any seasoning.
- Mix this paruppu thogayal with hot steaming rice and enjoy the heavenly taste.