Very soft, light and spongy dosas with pores on them is easy to make too. It loos milky white on one side and golden brown on the other side. Enjoy this dosa with onion and tomato chutney...
- Pre time: 10 mins
- Cooking time: 15 to 20 mins
- Serves: 3
Recipe for Sponge Dosa:
- Raw rice, Poha (Aval) and Urad dal in the ratio 2 cups: 1 cup : 1/2 cup respectively.
- Except Poha soak other items together for 3 hours after rinsing well.
- After 3 hours, wash Poha and drain the water.
- Add rest of the soaked items with Poha and grind to smooth batter in a mixer grinder or wet grinder adding required salt and water.
- Let the batter be in the consistency of regular dosa batter. Allow it to ferment for 8 hours or overnight.
- Grease the Dosa Tawa with oil. Spread the batter on it and pour a tea spoon of oil around it.
- Close it with a lid and cook it for a minute in medium flame.
- Now take out the dosa from the tawa.
- Like regular dosa, it need not be cooked on both sides.
- Remember to keep the flame in medium.
- The cooked part will be golden crispy and the other side fill be spongy white.