- Pre time: 10 mins
- Cooking time: 20 mins
- Serves: 4
Ingredients for making Paruppu-Tomato Rasam:
- Tamarind - A small lemon size
- Rasam Powder 3 tea spoons
- Green Chilli 1
- Thurdhal 3 tb spoons pressure cooked in 2 cups of water
- Tomatoes chopped 2
- Hing / Asafoetida powder
- Curry leaves and Coriander leaves chopped 2 Tb spoon
- Ghee 2 tea spoons for seasoning
- Salt as per taste
- Mustard seeds, Cumin and curry leaves for seasoning
Method for making Paruppu-Tomato Rasam:Extract two cups of tamarind juice.
In a pan boil the tamarind juice with salt and turmeric powder.
Also add a slitted green chilli, hing powder and few curry leaves.
When the raw smell goes add the tomato pieces allow it to boil for 10 minutes in medium flame.
Now add the Rasam Powder. Mix well.
Let it to boil for 5 more minutes.
Then dilute the boiled thur dhal in 2 cups of water and add to the Rasam. When every thing mixes well and starts giving bubbles switch off the stove.
Garnish with coriander leaves.
Saute it in 2 tea spoons of ghee with mustard seeds, Cumin seeds and curry leaves.