This is a healthy and tasty tiffin for diabetic and old people. Apart from usual upma varieties it gives a sort of break and change to them.
See other Diet Recipes: Pearl Millet Idi, , Multigrain Dosa, wheat and oats Idli
How to cook Vermicilli?
1. Soak Vermicelli in ordinary water for 5 minutes.
2. After 5 minutes in a strainer place the soaked vermicelli and drain out the water completely. Don't squeeze it with fingers.
|Drain the water out|
3. Now in a greased idli plate or any ordinary bowl place the drained ragi vermicelli and steam them out for 15 to 20 minutes.
4. After 15 minutes let them to cool for 10 minutes.
|Steaming the ragi Vermicilli|
5. Now the non sticky vermiclli is ready to make any type of tiffin like Lemon Ragi vermicelli or Vegetable Ragi Vermicelli Upma or Ragi Curd Vermicelli.
Recipe to make Lemon Ragi Vermicilli:
Now heat a kadai with 2 tea spoons of sesame oil. Saute it with mustard seeds, urad dal and chana dal.
After they become roasted add 2 slitted green chillies and a red chilli with half tea spoon of hing and turmeric powder.
Add curry leaves too. Now add required salt and mix well. Add the steamed vermicilli and mix well.
Switch off the stove. Squeeze a lemon on it and mix gently. Usual vermicilli upma with the punch of lemon flavour is ready now.