An easy to make spicy side dish for rice and chappathis is Garlic Cabbage Curry. It can also be wrapped in rotis. The bites of crunchy fried garlic and green chillies make this very special. Mix this curry with plain rice and quickly fix it as chat pat cabbage rice for lunch box..
- Pre time: 10 mins
- Cooking time: 15 mins
- Serves: 4
Recipe for Spicy Garlic Cabbage Curry:
- Heat a pan with 3 tb spoons of oil.
- Saute it with a tea spoon of mustard seeds and cumin seeds.
- After they splutter add 2 tea spoons of chopped garlic and green chillies each.
- Let them get fried well.
- Now add 1/2 cup of chopped onions and fry well with salt and turmeric powder.
- Once they onions become brown, add 3/4 tea spoon of red chilli powder and 1 tea spoon of coriander seed powder and mix well.
- Now add chopped cabbage and stir well.(from 1/2 kg of cabbage)
- Sprinkle hand full of water and cover the pan with a lid just for 5 minutes.
- After taking off the lid, keep frying the stuff in medium flame till it becomes dry and cooked well.
- Garnish with curry leaves,
- Yummy, Spicy Garlic Cabbage Curry is ready.