An authentic and delicious sweet of Tamil nadu that needs only two ingredients to make. An enjoyable dessert with heavenly taste which is mandatory on all functions. Once you taste this you cannot resist your self in asking more of this mesmerizing traditional sweet. The main ingredient you should possess to make this is only Patience!!!!
CLICK HERE TO SEE THE RECIPES OF BASUNDI, INSTANT DOODHBEDA, THENGAI THIRATPAAL AND AKKARAVADISAL
Pre time: 05 mins
Cooking time: 45 mins
Serves: 4 to 6
Ingredients for making Thiratipal?
- Whole fat Milk 1 litre (1000 ml)
- Sugar 250 ml
- Curd 1 tb spoon (Optional)
How to make Thiratipal (Milk Gova)?
- Take a heavy bottomed brad and deep pan like a pressure cooker pan.
- Wash it well and see to it thta it does not have any stains or aroma.
- Boil the milk in it with a ladle.
- Stir it then and there.
- When the milk starts boiling well drip a tb spoon of curd into it.
- It will make the milk to curdle fast and give good texture to the sweet.
- Let the milk boils and don't forget to stir then and there scratching the creams and layers from the sides of the pan.
- Otherwise the milk will stick on to the bottom and tends to burn which gives bad flavour.
- When the milk thickens and becomes 1/3 rd in quantity add the sugar.
- After adding the sugar again stir well and let it to boil.
- Wait till all the water contents are absorbed and the stuff becomes thick like roti batter consistency without sticking to the sides of the pan.
- Switch off the stove.
- The sweet is ready to serve now.
- It does not need any flavouring agent like cardamom, saffron or dry fruits.
- The taste of rich creamy milk with caramelised sugar dominates the sweet with full aroma.