Every bite of this stuffed Lady's finger fry gives wonderful taste and feel since it is filled with different spices. A fantastic side dish for Lunch along with rice or for dinner with rotis...
- Pre time: 15 mins
- Cooking time: 20 mins
- Serves: 4
Ingredients for making Stuffed Bhindi / Lady's Finger Fry:
- Fresh and tender Lady's finger / Bhindi / Vendaikkai 500 gms
- Oil 4 table spoons
- Curry leaves few
- Cumin seeds & Mustard seeds 1/2 tea spoon each
- Curd 2 table spoons
- Besan flour 3 table spoons
- Roasted Groundnuts / peanuts 3 table spoons
- Salt 2/4 tea spoon
- Red chilli powder 1 tea spoon
- Coriander seed powder 2 tea spoons
- Cumin seed powder 1/2 tea spoon
- Ginger paste 1 tea spoons
- Turmeric powder 1/4 tea spoon
- Asafoetida powder 1/4 tea spoon
- Sugar 1/2 tea spoon
How to make Stuffed Bhindi / Lady's Finger Fry?
Wash the veggies well and wipe them out to dry with a neat kitchen towel.
Remove both the ends of the vegetable.
Make a vertical slit leaving 1 cm on both ends.
Spread the veggies on a plate and keep aside.
Make sure that the Lady's fingers are well dried without water before cutting them.
Now in a pan dry roast the besan flour till nice aroma comes and transfer it to a palte.
Put the peanuts in a blender jar and powder them to coarse mixture.
Now add all the items given under the Stuffing and mix them well.
Stuff them in the slits made on the veggies carefully.
Heat a pan with oil.
Do the seasoning with cumin seeds, mustard seeds and curry leaves.
Add the veggies and give few stirs.
Now add the curd and mix well.
Don't cover the pan with a lid at any time.
Keep the flame to medium and allow them to get shallow fried till the Bhindis become crispy and soft.